[Squeak-ja: 4431] Re: ESUGチラシの翻訳についてのご意見募集
yoshiki ＠ vpri.org
2010年 2月 17日 (水) 07:20:20 JST
- Is it correct to say the "creation" of Smalltalk is in "the early
- It reads a bit awkward to name applications made about 10 to 5
years ago and say they are "current applications" and "advancing
the state of software".
- Sophie went on to Java, and Scratch is going on to
ActionScript/Flash. It would be better to mention Teleplace but
- It would be good to mention Jun.
- The description of the "Image" uses two "contains" and confusing a
bit; it is not clear that image "is" the environment and consists
of these things.
- "debugging while it is executing" should not a part of the description
of the "Image".
- Saying that a virtual machine is "a program which (?) ... executes
other programs" is a bit too vague. I think that the description
for the virtual machine should go the along the line of "a virtual
machine is a machine, but happened to be done in software", and
not limited to executing programs but accessing other virtual
- Since there are languages with the type inference, "the developer ...
indicate the type is not a good explanation of static typing. And
whether code is reusable or not is a big problem; explaining it
only from the static/dynamic typing POV seems overly controvercial.
- In "Events", perhaps the Smalltalks event in Argentina may be a
- On the back side, "Reserved characters" look odd. Rather it is
part of syntax?